vendredi 17 avril 2015

Asking for help

Hey guys, some of you know me and some don't.



Anyhow when Jeff aka NoBaloney passed away I ended up inheriting his servers and customers and slowly I am winding my way through sorting things out but I need to reach out on a couple of things that I am having the worst time making any sense of.



1.) Master/Slave DNS the way Jeff does it. Trying like the devil to wrap my head around it but all it looks like I am doing is pounding my head against a wall. Trying to figure out the best route to go and these are the options I think I am looking at:


a.) DirectAdmin Multi Server setup

b.) DirectSlave (which I have seen discussed a bit on the board)

c.) PowerDNS

d.) Continue with Master/Slave if there is someone here who can explain it all to me in a way that I am able to wrap my head around.

Naturally my biggest concern here is not have anyone go down if we change the way the DNS is running.


2.) A couple of Jeff's customers contacted me this week telling me that they have been getting bombarded with spam lately. I updated SpamAssassin, is there anything else I should be doing?

3.) Any other insights would be most welcome and for what it is worth, let's just say I have some pull with a certain datacenter if anyone needs anything, I might be in a position to help out.





Asking for help

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire