dimanche 30 novembre 2014

swap working nameservers (new domain) without an offline

I have a

ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com but due to a little company re-branding we're going to left domain.com away and replace that domain with newdomain.com



So, now all clients had set their dns to actual ns1/ns2.domain.com



I read, that I can now create a virtual nameservers ns1/ns2.newdomain.com and pass the info about change request to clients, so they can edit their nameserver settings at the registrar from ns1/ns2.domain.com--->ns1/ns2.newdomain.com



So this will function without any downtime? Nameservers will work on both domains? Right?

Of course I have to update all clients domains > NS records by myself.



And then, in a month or two when domain.com will become unusable, those new virtual nameservers still will be functioning as main nameservers and I can edit/update main nameservers DA settings with ns1/ns2.newdomain.com and remove virtual ones?



Am I getting this right?





swap working nameservers (new domain) without an offline

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire