samedi 29 novembre 2014

Unable to get directadmin logs into syslogd

Hi,



New VPS built running CloudLinux Server release 6.6 (based on CentOS 6 i believe), running default rsyslogd v5.8.10 which is working for everything except DA logs.



I did the following:



To enable this, add:

use_syslogd=1

to your directadmin.conf file.



as per http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=517, restarted directadmin + rsyslogd (and subsequently the entire VPS) but nothing has appeared in syslog. All of the directadmin logging in /var/log/directadmin/ has stopped since I edited the config file above, so I suspect DA has taken the command.





I do have csf installed, and RESTRICT_SYSLOG = "3" + RESTRICT_SYSLOG_GROUP = "mysyslog" set as recommended, but I manually added the 'directadmin' user to mysyslog group (using vi /etc/group) and that hasn't helped, and I've also tried disabling csf (csf -x) and that hasn't worked, so while I haven't ruled out CSF 100%, I'm not sure if it's causing the issue.





Can anyone please provide any advice how to fix or troubleshoot further, as I'm out of ideas at this point. One specific question I have is 'does DA support for syslogd specifically mean it will only work on the traditional syslogd, or should it work on rsyslogd as well?'





Let me know if you need any more info/details, and thanks for your help!



Rupert





Unable to get directadmin logs into syslogd

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire