mardi 19 août 2014

Barium test tomorrow

Well, as some of you fellow sleevers know I have had a few throwing up issues since I got my sleeve - it's random, there is no logic to it although since I cut out lactose at 4 weeks post op it went from several times a day to several times a week which was a great improvement.



Mr Mannur made my sleeve 2cm wide intentionally and although this was done with the best of intentions there is now concern it might be too narrow and causing the vomiting. During surgery I also had a hiatus hernia found and repaired so for the first few weeks my abdomen felt swollen and sore from a double operation.



Now, 3.5 months post op I have lost 5 stone including pre op diet and this is fantastic although I worry as I am constantly struggling for energy despite my blood tests showing normal levels of everything and I am sometimes sick several times a day then not sick at all for a good week then it starts again.



I was doing really well with getting in my calories and protein but over the past few weeks I have moved more towards liquids and soft foods as they make me throw up less. Some days I have been getting a third of my calories from soy lattes and almonds - not a long term solution.



Last night I threw up and it was really acidic and I had bad stomach pains and this morning I woke up and was totally off the idea of food with my sleeve feeling really tight - I had a protein shake followed by a small soy latte on the way into work however the idea of trying to eat at lunch is grossing me out. I just have a danio yoghurt and some hummus with rice cakes today, I will make myself do it.



I don't regret a thing, I should have had my sleeve years ago - I just hope that from the barium test tomorrow they have some kind of answer and plan moving forward.



I get my results at my follow up on Thursday afternoon and my sister is coming with me. This is followed by the Homerton Patient Support Group which I am looking forward to.



Rant over,

Stacey





Barium test tomorrow

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire