mardi 26 août 2014

My Post OP (Band) Journey 2014 onwards

I everyone,



I just wanted to start a new chapter of my diary for my post op!



As mentioned earlier, I will recap:



I have always struggled with my weight, up and down like a yo yo, always worried about things not fitting me, me not fitting into seats etc!



The turning point I went to weight management and although I understand it takes time, their journey was going to be too long for me...already I was having problems walking with my knees, tired, struggling for anything! I decided with help of my family to finance my own surgery!



I understand everyone's different but for me the gastric band made sense as portion control was a big issue for me!



I done my research and narrowed it to Nuffield hospital in Glasgow. Initially I was scheduled to see Dr Gallagher, but due to mix up with his diary the appointment was canx. I was offered an appointment with Dr simon Gibson, who due to work stayed late to meet with me..and I honestly couldn't be happier with my decision! I'm sure all the doctors are great but I clicked and found common ground with him, he have me the facts and I made the decision to book in! He was very impressed by the knowledge I had (thanks to this site)



So fast forward to 23rd August, after being on a diet basically since I left his office I had lost 24.5lbs Pre Op, again delighted with my progress!



The Op itself went as expected, I had lovely card waiting for me from one members of this site who had same few days. Prior (thanks again Kirsty) and with minor discomfort with wind I was free to go home following morning!



Since my Op on Saturday 23rd I have lost 2lbs in 4 days so I certainly am not complaining!



The restriction is there, and food all liquid is taken slowly!



I hope to update this new diary regularly and hope to inspire anyone considering any type of weight loss surgery to make their own informed decision, if I can ever help at all I would be happy to, as are the other members who are do friendly and supportive!!!



Xxx





My Post OP (Band) Journey 2014 onwards

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire