vendredi 29 août 2014

Newbie - Am I a candidate for WL surgery?

Hi, I'm a newbie here so please be gentle. :)



I'm male, late 20s, BMI of 34.5 no diabetes, mildly raised blood pressure which is not being treated at the moment and I suffer chronic back and joint pain.



I've been overweight all my life and age 18 my weight peaked at 34st / 476lbs (BMI 56). Over a 2 year period I got it down to just under 17st by doing weight watchers online calorie counting. I then had a ton of plastic surgery to remove the excess skin and basically got on with my life.



However over the last few years my weight has crept back up again and I'm now about 21st / 295lb. I've been stuck for the last 2-3 years, gradually creeping up a bit each year, seeing my health go down and all the effort and plastic surgery from before go to waste.



Clearly I know how to lose weight, I still keep an online food diary and I do calorie count (I average 3500 a day :(), but I can't seem to find the spark that helped me curb my appetite and lose weight before. I overeat and binge on crap frequently as I'm always hungry and I'm obsessed by food. I am scared of getting as big as I used to be and I despise the way I look now. I also think my back and joint pain would be helped by not carrying around this extra weight.



I'm seriously considering going to the GP to discuss WLS, either on the NHS or privately if necessary. Am I nuts?





Newbie - Am I a candidate for WL surgery?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire