lundi 18 août 2014

The start of my journey!

HI



I hope it's Ok to start a diary when I am so new to this but thought it might be nice to look back at when I finally get where I want to be!



Today I took my first positive step - I visited my GP and asked for help. Luckily for me she was very nice and understanding, though she is new and doesn't know local procedures so she said she would investigate the referral process but that where she is from my BMI would allow me to be referred if that was what I wanted. She has also booked me in for blood tests and started me on Orlistat as she says it cant hurt!



I have always been on the larger side but as a teen I swam every day as I was in the swim team so I could eat a fair amount and stay about the same. It all went down hill when I went to Uni and stopped swimming but kept eating, fast forward a marriage and two children and I am now 165kg.



I have tried every fad diet going, various exercise regimes and have a supportive husband but I can never sustain the weight loss for a meaningful length of time before piling what i lost and more back on.



I am now at the stage where I dont move about easily and can see my health deteriorating and I'm not eating less so I'm only going to get worse. All the anxiety about how heavy I am is keeping me awake at nights too so I want to press on and get myself sorted out!



I have read up on the various procedures and rules regarding funding so will be asking lots of questions from you all and I hope that my journey will soon start!



It's funny but just having made this step is making me feel better and I've eaten a lot less today than I normally would!



Thanks for reading :)





The start of my journey!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire