mardi 26 août 2014

Hello, I'm new and looking forward to getting to know you lovely people x

Hiya I'm Jo.



As you know I'm a newbie here.

I'm in the Preston (Lancashire) area.

I'm at the very 1st steps of this journey. Like many of you I've always been a big girl!

It's only recently that I have been motivated to do something about it.

I also have pcos an underactive thyroid.



My gp suggested that I tried Orlistat in January of this year.

Luckily I haven't experienced the horror stories that can be associated with it. I have managed to loose 2st slowly but surely by making changes to my diet.

Although my weight is coming down my motivation is dwindling.

I feel that my main issue is portion control and snacking when I'm bored. I feel weight loss surgery would be a great tool for me.

I'm worried that if I was to stop taking Orlistat that I would end up back at square 1.



At my last GP weigh in I requested to be referred for weight loss surgery.

Although my doctor has been very supportive so far and has been very happy with the weight loss I have achieved; I got the impression that he didn't think the risk of surgery was worth it. He said that if I continued the way I have been doing that I wouldn't need it.

I beg to differ!

I'm 131kg so still have a long way to go.



My GP did however refer me to a dietician.

I'm confused! Is this the 1st step on the road to weight loss surgery? Or has my doctor sent me down a different cul De sac to keep me quiet?



Thanks for listening to my ramblings!

I look forward to getting to know you; and listen to your advice x





Hello, I'm new and looking forward to getting to know you lovely people x

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire