dimanche 28 décembre 2014

Memory usage in different VPS systems

This is old post but I did not want to open a new thread for similar question.



This is not directly related to directadmin but a general question. When I rent a VPS/VDS from different providers, I see some boxes uses all memory and some not use. And I know Linux uses all the memory available. For example, when I rent from Japan, I see only %1-5 of ram is free. But in other boxes from different providers, I see %25,%50, even %75 ram is free in total 1GB/2GB RAM of VPS.



Can I make a statement that, if I have free memory for example 750MB in 2GB total memory, the provider just robs the memory from my account? Or it depends on configuration. I just ordered a 2GB Xen box and in the beginning I saw %1-5 free memory but now I see %40 free memory. So I doubt.





Memory usage in different VPS systems

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire