mardi 31 mars 2015

Migrate to new server but keep old ip?

Have anybody succesfully migrated from an old DirectAdmin server to an new DirectAdmin server without changing the server ip?



I have migrated server to server before using Admin/backup transfer, however I have always used a new ip on the new server.



Now I am trying to figure out if I will be able to do this without chaning the ip. The datacenter is willing to let me keep the old ip and use it on the new server. However it is not clear to me what procedure to use to make a migrate to new server with the same ip not cause a lot of problems.



So I am thankful for any input from your experience with migrating to new server, but not change the server ip. Also it is needed for me to not change the server hostname, that is not a problem if I migrate to new server ip, but I am not sure if it will cause problem keeping server hostname if I don't change the server ip.



This is shared hosting server that need to be migrated, by the way.



Maybe it will be to complicated to keep the old ip on the new server ...





Migrate to new server but keep old ip?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire