mardi 31 mars 2015

SSH hangs; -bash at 100% of CPU

Recently I haven't been able to access the shell via putty. I am able to successfully enter username/password, but after that the system just hangs.



When I view the process monitor via directadmin, it shows the following:



PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND

10377 root 25 0 6597 1340 1100 R 98.9 0.0 0:10.74 -bash



Note that multiple attempts at logging in will continue to cause the CPU to rise until the whole server starts to slow down substantially. The only way to return to a normal load average is to kill the process via the process monitor. Also, restarting SSHD has no effect.



The only thing I've done recently was to update CURL. I don't recall if I have attempted to login after I updated CURL.





SSH hangs; -bash at 100% of CPU

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire