vendredi 12 septembre 2014

newbie

hi there



buy the power of google i found you guys a few weeks ago and have been reading up on spina bifida occulta. i have had some problems since the age of about 10 years old but never really understood what it was all about.



when i was about 10 my mum noticed i was not walking quite as i used to and was limping a little and not putting the heal of my foot down properly when walking...thats when it all started. i remember going to the docs and various hospitals a good few times and different tests being done. i had no other problems apart from my legs ached like hell (still do)Turned out my left leg was longer than my right by about 2.5cm....long story short i had pins put in my left knee to try and let the right leg catch up and be a more equal length . the pins were in for a few years i guess and now my RIGHT leg is now the longer one ha ha ...they got that a little wrong!...i have a raise inside my shoe to balance things out a bit better now.



i have generally always suffered with pain in my back and legs that ache often and easily but ive never really questioned it..i was only 10...had a couple of operations and that was that....ive put up with the back and leg pain ...it doesnt take much at all for me to have sciatica / hamstring pain and ive had months off work due to me thinking im ok to do certain D.I.Y jobs etc...over do it and hey presto i cant walk far or that well....i dont walk that well at the best of times and much prefer the pushbike or car...walking is tough on the legs hurting and back if i go TOO far



i hurt my back a few months ago and during our chat i was talking about my medical history and he just mentioned spina bifida ...i thought wonder what that is and found here. I had a follow up app today as i have never been told any of this and "apparently " my parents were not aware...even though it states it in doctors letters...maybe they were just internal letters and they were not told?...anyway...i go there today...he was running behind but said ive got all your records lets have a read through it to put your mind at rest....all i did was get shown too letters ( was a Big file) and asked do you have your phone on you...you can take a picture of the letters if you wish!....im still none the wiser really.....it does state spinal abnormality and spina bifida occulta.



this is what it says ...hope it makes sense to some of you !?



this is from one doctor to another after some kind of test......



we know there is a spinal abnormality and you have also commented that the bladder diverticulum and thickened bladder wall surgests some functional disturbance related to dysraphysm. ( i remember my mum telling me my bladder does not empty fully but thats about it )



in another letter it says....



there is a spina bifida occulta of the first sacral section with a poorly defined spinous proccess of L4 and there is a slight thoracolumbar scoliosis convex to the left pedicle at L1 however the water soluble myelogram was normal and the GSF protein was 35mm/100ml ...??



radiographs show a defect in the lamina of S1 with widening of the inter-pedicula distance at L5-S1??



Does any of this make any sense to you as All i have ever been told is my bladder does not empty fully and you need a operation to sort your legs out.....i do find it hard to believe my parents were not told...or i was not either really?



I know i am still very lucky and things could always be worse but i feel pretty low at the moment ;-( ...



god im really waffling on about stuff now are nt i ...Sorry....



Paul ( UK)





newbie

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire