mardi 23 septembre 2014

Advice needed regarding NHS funding please!

Hi everyone, first time posting so please bare with me!

Basically I have been refused funding twice for bariatric surgery (asked for a gastric band) Was told at 42 my bmi wasn't high enough and I'd have to go on a weight management course for 2 years 1st...well, there are no weight management courses available in my area so I've been in limbo! (Already seen a dietician, tried doc prescribed weightloss tabs and joined a gym)



I've now got upto a Bmi of 47 and have also just started being tested for rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia so have had to quit the gym and I'm getting seriously fed up of not being able to do anything with my 3yr old son (I'm only 30 with the body of an overweight 90 yr old lol) As a single parent I really feel guilty about the things my son misses out on so I'm here for your help, is there anything I can do to persuade them to fund my gastric sleeve on the NHS.



Sorry for the long winded thread, need help as I'm going to make an appt to see my gp again tomorrow and I kinda already know it's going to be another no but I'm hoping for a miracle!



Thanks for reading xx





Advice needed regarding NHS funding please!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire