lundi 22 septembre 2014

GERD - Ok, reflux for the non-medical-talk people...

Hiya!



Long time no see, but no news is good news, right?



Doing ok, still loving my band. Very slow weight-loss, but I am still getting major restriction so there is absolutely no point in going for another fill. Even though the scales don't seem to be shifting much, my body shape is and I am now a steady 18, slowly shifting towards a 17 1/2, lol.



So, all was well in Paradise, I thought I had it all sussed, and then, bang. For a while now, the reflux has been getting worse. Now, bear in mind I have always been prone to that ever since a child, that I am on Lansoprazole to control it and that it normally works well.



But this is a different beast. Basically, I have some food, doesn't matter what or how little. My band will start gurgling like a waterspout in a summer storm. Then about 1 hour later, sometimes more, I will end up regurgitating the most burning, horrid acid, choking me up, and I have to throw it up, quite often with whatever food had obviously not gone through yet. It's happening practically every night, no matter how much earlier I had eaten. If I doze off during the day, same happens, even if I am not actually lying down. It's driving me slightly potty, to tell you the truth. (and it's very unpleasant to me and others, as you may guess)



any ideas, suggestions?



thanks in advance.



:)





GERD - Ok, reflux for the non-medical-talk people...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire